ASNM Purpose, Focus and Vision
The American Society for Nanomedicine is an open, democratic, and professional nonprofit organization.
The American Society for Nanomedicine comprises of members drawn from throughout the fields of nanotechnology, engineering, and the biomedical sciences with the common goal of advancing Nanomedicine research for the realization of the potential it has to benefit the global community.
These goals will be achieved through an open forum of ideas and collaborative efforts, as well as close cooperation and coordination with our international colleagues.
The American Society for Nanomedicine (ASNM) is a professional, academic and medical society dedicated to advancing research in nanomedicine. The goals of the Society include:
- Promoting research related to all aspects of nanotechnology, engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology and medicine and providing a forum for presentation of basic, clinical and population-based research.
- Educating physicians, scientists, engineers, molecular biologists, statisticians and others interested in the emerging field through scientific meetings and publications to enable them to develop nanotechnology and biology research to treat concomitant medical conditions more effectively.
- Encouraging primary and secondary preventive measures and technology to reduce the incidences of various diseases; facilitate the establishment of programs and policies that will better serve early diagnosis and early treatment for patients.
- Enhancing quality and duration of life in those with various diseases.
- Promoting and facilitating the formal training of physicians, scientists, engineers, molecular biologists, statisticians and other members and allied healthcare providers in the field of nanotechnology, nanobiology and nanomedicine research.